Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit or vegetables), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
January 31-February 6
January has come and gone, and over all, it was a pretty great month. I cooked quite a few recipes from actual cookbooks, which is something I’ve been wanting to do more, and I did a great 30 Days of Yoga routine from Yoga with Adrienne, who has become a favorite of mine. I’m not really into resolutions, but I love a chance to learn more and feel better, and January just happened to be the right time to dig in to my yoga practice this year.
My goal for February is based on a friend’s request for me to make some cupcakes using the MadTree Rubus Cacao beer, which is a seasonal beer from our favorite local brewery. This one is brewed with raspberries and cocoa nibs, and is totally delicious, so I’m thinking a chocolate cupcake with a can of the beer in the batter, and then maybe topped with a chocolate ganache, also flavored with the beer? We’ll see. I’m not a big fan of buttercream frosting, so ganache is totally the way I’m leaning. Will report back with the results.
This week has two carryover dinner from last week, because the unexpected batch of bolognese wound up being stretched for multiple dinners. SO GOOD.
- Black bean and avocado bowl with pressure cooker cuban black beans
- Oatmeal with bananas and cinnamon
- Ultimate breakfast sandwich-This was Sunday morning’s breakfast, and it was delicious. The hash brown patties from Trader Joe’s might be our new favorite breakfast food
- Cobb Salad- lettuce, turkey, avocado, sprouts, sunflower seeds, croutons all with caesar vinaigrette
- Apples, carrots sticks, and cucumber slices
- Red curry w/ chicken
- Pasta con ceci-double
- Yellow Beet and Carrot soup
- Turkey white bean chili