Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit or vegetables), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
January 24-January 30
I’ve come to realize that when it’s cold outside (and inside my poorly insulated kitchen), I’m often drawn to the same meals, week after week. My brain is numb and can only handle so many new ideas. I know that when things start to warm up, so will my creativity, along with my desire for things that are light and bright. Until then, we cozy up with hearty meals and hibernate a bit.
This week’s plan includes 6 dinners instead of the usual 5, because yesterday afternoon Josh requested bolognese, and I just couldn’t say no. In hindsight, I’m so glad I made some, since it helped soothe the sting of the Patriot’s loss.
- Scrambled eggs and avocado with hot sauce
- Indian spiced steel cut oats with coconut milk
- Massaged kale with curried chickpeas, radishes (I’ve been cooking large batches of dried chickpeas in my pressure cooker. So fast and delicious)
- Pasta con ceci-double
- Cured egg yolks with Modified loco moco rice
- Black bean avocado enchiladas –top with sour cream
- Navy bean soup with sausage and spinach
- Red curry w/ chicken