Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit or vegetables), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
June 21-June 27 Happy Monday! This is my first meal plan in a few weeks, and I’m noticing a lot of black beans. We obviously missed certain flavors while in Portugal, though now I’m missing fresh seafood, caipirinhas, and delicious pastries so… can’t win ’em all. My huge project(s) this week is figuring out all of the ways to use the giant box of peaches we stood in line for half an hour to buy from The Peach Truck. Worth every minute. So far I’ll be making a cake, hand pies, peach butter, canning them, freezing them, and who knows what else. Will report back with all of the (successful?!) finished products. My house is going to smell like heaven. Blew the budget to buy all of the things to process the peaches. No regrets.
- Black bean, quinoa, and citrus salad– sub pineapple for grapefruit
- Carrots, cucumbers, and roasted red pepper and paprika hummus
- Pork chops with peaches, sage, and potatoes
- Summer squash tacos with avocado chimichurri– add chicken
- Caribbean plantain and bean boats
- Carrot coconut soup
- Roasted aubergine and tahini bowl