Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit or vegetables), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
My thought that I had finally discovered the perfect pie crust was put to the test this weekend, and came through with flying colors. Yes, this crust really is that good, and that easy. I was even able to roll and cut the dough pre-coffee on Sunday morning, which speaks highly to it’s ease of use. Pre-coffee Allyn: not my best. the pie recipe was from Four and Twenty Blackbirds, and I will definitely be buying a copy of the cookbook when I have to return mine to the library. It has so many great recipes to using as a jump off point, plus it’s full of tips on pie making. Go check it out!
- Strawberry balsamic pie p.80, plus tip on p. 64, and perfect crust
- Eggs and avocado
- Thai coconut oats with mango
- Roasted brussels sprouts and crispy baked tofu in sesame honey glaze
- Thai green curry with spring vegetables
- Roasted cauliflower and lentil tacos
- Pasta with sardines, capers, and lemon
- Lamb with roasted fennel, carrots, and potatoes