Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit or vegetables), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
January 10-January 16
Winter has come, and the coziness of our dinner choices are evidence of that fact. Saturday night we were out late with friends, and I was fine in a light leather jacket. Woke up 8 hours later to a snowy, winter wonderland. Very pretty, SO COLD.
I went to the library and checked out a copy of Lucky Peach Presents 101 Easy Asian Recipes, and I want to cook all of the things. Expect to see quite a few meals from this book over the coming weeks, and probably in the future too, because I’m absolutely going to buy this book.
- Avocado toast
- Scrambled eggs with leftover roasted sausages and tomatoes with balsamic- recipe to come
- Massaged kale with curried chickpeas and sliced radishes
- Valencia oranges
- Roasted sausages and tomatoes with balsamic (recipe to come) and focaccia
- Pasta with capers, lemon, cilantro, and canned fish from our trip last summer to Portugal
- Hiyashi Somen- p 132 of Lucky Peach Presents 101 Easy Asian Recipes
- Red beans and rice