Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit or vegetables), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
December 13-December 19
My kitchen looks like a bomb went off in it, which is extremely typical for a Monday morning. Between our normal weekend cooking, plus making dip for a party on Saturday that resulted in the dish being scraped clean (always the highest compliment), and three frozen bananas and butter set out to thaw for a batch of banana bread for some friends… once again, I’m tempted to burn that mother to the ground. Thank goodness we have a dishwasher here, unlike our New York apartment.
Off to hide the lighter fluid. From myself.
- Warm caramelized fennel and leek cheese dip– SO GOOD. Added the juice of half a lemon in the food processor, served with crostini. People flipped out.
- Steel cut oats with cinnamon, maple, and bananas
- Avocado toast
- Date, feta, and red cabbage salad with shredded chicken and romaine
- Pressure cooker tandoori chicken with roasted potatoes and beets- Josh winged this one, and it was delicious
- Cured egg yolks with Modified loco moco coconut rice- second week in a row. New favorite!
- Dal nirvana– with coconut milk
- Pasta con ceci-double
- Carrot coconut soup