Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit or vegetables), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
December 6-December 12
Once upon a time, I didn’t blog three months. This wasn’t planned, though I have to say, major props to myself for making it exactly three months to the day.
Things have been a little crazy around here, but now we know that not only are we staying in Cincinnati, we’re also staying in this house, so I DON’T HAVE TO MOVE THIS YEAR.
I’m pretty sure the angels are rejoicing on my behalf.
I’ll probably do another post soon with some of our favorite recipes that we’ve made over the past few months that might not have made an appearance yet on the blog, because I’ve still been cooking just as much as usual. I’ve even tackled pie crust a few times, though I haven’t been blown away by the results (the fillings, however, have been delicious).
Does anyone have a crust recipe they swear by?!
- Homemade granola– subbed in a little molasses with the maple syrup and some ground ginger and cloves with the cinnamon for a nice hint of gingerbread
- Scrambled eggs with avocado and hot sauce
- Grapes and cucumbers
- Chicken and dumplings with mushrooms instead of celery, using this chicken
- Vodka Sauce pasta w/spinach
- Modified loco moco, except then I saw these cured egg yolks, so it’s going to be a mix of the two and will be glorious
- Veggie okonomiyaki– top with fried eggs, maybe mix in some Spam
- Roasted tandoori cauliflower with mint chutney