Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit or vegetables), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
August 23-August 29
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Josh managed to get free tickets through work to the ATP World Tour tennis match here Friday night, and we certainly couldn’t complain about the seats. I will now expect third row seats every year. The rest of the weekend was spent running errands, trying on jeans that were all too short, and eating as much as possible.
The good life. Except for the jeans, curse them all.
- Blueberry overnight oats with pecan milk (for those of us not allergic to nuts)
- Avocado toast with harissa and cherry tomatoes
- Lemon mint hummus with carrots and cucumbers
- Farro avocado bowl with sumac miso vinaigrette
- Sweet corn polenta with eggplant sauce
- Hand rolls- rice, pickled daikon, carrots, cucumber, and roasted pork belly wrapped in nori
- Cumin lamb and hand smashed noodle soup– mild version of these, with the noodles cut in half lengthwise to make them a little easier to eat in a soup