Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit or vegetables), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
July 26-August 1
Happy Monday! We had a great weekend, with the right balance of business and relaxation. We took a sushi rolling class on Saturday that was so much fun. I don’t know how often we’ll do it at home (spring rolls are way easier), but I love knowing that I can and having all the right tools! The class was led by the chef from Fusian, which is a local sushi chain that allows you to pick and choose your fillings/toppings and have it assembled in front of you, Chipotle style. Best sushi ever? Nope. However, it’s good and fun, and we’ve enjoyed having a location nearby this year.
We’re so happy to see tomatoes at the market, and will eat them as much as we can until the season is over (which also translates to baskets of cherry tomatoes on hand for snacking, as well as any used for cooking).
- Avocado toast on focaccia– only AP flour used for this batch
- Oatmeal w/ roasted maple cinnamon cherries
- Cilantro hummus– with carrots and cucumbers
- Salmon packets with bok choy– heavy on the ginger and cilantro
- Green goddess sandwiches on focaccia
- Peperonata over baked pattypan squash
- Fried greens meatlessballs– with chicken thighs
- Coconut curried fried rice