Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit or vegetables), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
July 19-July 25
July is more than halfway over! How?! This year has flown by, even weeks like this past one, that didn’t have anything special occur. Sometimes life is sweetest when it’s at its most simple.
We’re so happy to see tomatoes and corn at the farmer’s market! We had a surprisingly hot weekend, and it made it easy to grab them, as well as a watermelon, to celebrate the season.
- Oatmeal w/ strawberries
- Avocado toast
- Cilantro hummus– sub basil, serve with carrots and cucumbers
- Thai farro bowl– sub quinoa for the faro, add lots of roasted vegetables
- BLT- green beans on the side
- Lamb with italian roasted pattypan squash
- Baked corn and tomato risotto
- Pappardelle with spiced butter– saffron not necessary
- Fire-pot soup