Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
March 22-March 28
Happy first full week of spring! Let’s ignore that fact that we might get a sprinkle of snow here on Friday, because that’s not what spring is about. It’s about dreaming of fresh produce that will hopefully arrive so soon, and the thought of being able to wear shorts again and sit outside without getting chilled.
The good life.
Total cost: Roughly $141
Average cost per meal per person, with snacks tucked into the mix: $5.03
- Homemade granola– with yogurt and frozen berries/bananas- double batch
- Avocado toast
- Curried chicken salad with lettuce cups- recipe to come
- Eggs in spicy tomato sauce
- Lamb and Roasted tandoori cauliflower with mint chutney
- Creamy polenta & mushrooms
- Black bean soup with toasted cumin seed crema
- Sriracha fried rice