Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
March 15-March 21
It’s starting to warm up here in Cincinnati, and little flowers have started to appear. There are hardly words to describe how happy this makes me.
Sometimes this time of the year is tricky, because I’m ready for spring and summer meals, but the weather can be fickle and we’re still waiting on the good produce. Patience comes into play, but all the sunshine really helps.
This Friday is the first day of spring! We’re almost there.
Total cost: Roughly $121
Average cost per meal per person, with snacks tucked into the mix: $4.32
- Huevos rancheros- with these beans
- Asian noodle salad– heavy on the vegetables, light on the noodles
- Banana bread– add a handful of chocolate chips
- BBQ chicken pizza- chicken, BBQ sauce, tomatoes, pickled red onions, bacon, mozzarella, with leftover frozen dough and leftover shredded chicken
- Red lentil dal
- Bok Choy with Shiitakes and Oyster Sauce
- Whole baked cauliflower with tomato and olive sauce
- Rice bowl with pork belly, kimchi, and broccoli