Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
March 8-March 14
I believe that spring MIGHT be on its way now. This week we have highs in the 50’s and 60’s, which makes me so excited I could… do something dramatic. Not sure what, at the moment.
We had a fun weekend celebrating Bockfest, a huge beer festival here. We kept things pretty low-key, but it was a great chance to hang out with friends and learn a little about our new city. Cincinnati is a city that really loves its beer, and is extremely proud of its beer-centric heritage. Also, there’s a goat and a Sausage Queen involved. It’s a whole thing. Who knew?!
Total cost: Roughly $113
Average cost per meal per person, with snacks tucked into the mix: $4.04
- Sprouted sesame toast with bananas and halva chocolate spread (recipe to come)
- Huevos rancheros- with these beans
- 3 layer nut free dream cups (recipe to come)
- Crock Pot Tex-Mex
- Mushroom ramen with 6 minute eggs
- Coconut curried fried rice
- Maple & balsamic roasted brussels sprouts and broccolini