Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners each for the two of us. Lunches are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. We make the lunches and do other prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We live in Cincinnati, OH.
March 1-March 7
Happy March! Even though we’re still getting snow, March is confirmation that spring is, in fact, on its way. Thank goodness. Over it.
I started a new job last week, hence the severe lack of recent posting. The mental exhaustion that comes with a new job takes me by surprise every time. Hopefully soon I’ll be in the swing of it and will have more time and energy to try out new recipes. For now, we’re a little bit more survival focused.
Total cost: Roughly $111
Average cost per meal per person, with snacks tucked into the mix: $3.96
- Chile and sausage oven frittata– no cheese
- Homemade granola with homemade coconut milk and frozen berries/bananas
- Sticky chicken wings (make broth with bones) with Veggie okonomiyaki
- Black bean avocado enchiladas
- Cream of spinach soup– with coconut milk and croutons
- One-pot french onion pasta
- Sriracha fried rice