A good salad should have a ton of textures and flavors, and this one fits the bill. We’ve been making this salad for years, and it might have been the one to convince Josh that a salad could indeed be a satisfying meal. That was a big deal.
Basically, this is the salad that started our meal plans on the journey to what they’ve become now.
Thank you, salad.
Chicken and Cabbage Salad With Lime and Mint- Serves 4
- 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 head of leafy green lettuce, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced into batons
- 1 small jicama, sliced into batons
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into batons
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- Handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt to taste
Assemble the salad ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate container, mix together the dressing.
Dress the salad right before serving, and toss well.