Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners for the two of us. Lunch ideas are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. I make the lunches and do other various prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We are currently living in New York City, so things are more expensive than average.
October 19-October 25
We’re approaching the end of our time here, so I’m trying to use up the random things in our fridge and a lightening our pantry load a little. Including using the last of our curry paste. Also know that we’ll probably go out a little more than usual in the next couple of weeks, trying to do a last round of our favorite restaurants.
Total cost: Roughly $85
Average cost per meal per person, with snacks tucked into the mix: $3.15
- Oatmeal– double batch, with cinnamon and raisins thrown in while cooking.
- Cacao, banana, avocado smoothies with homemade coconut milk
- Cobb Salad- lettuce, leftover chicken, avocado, sprouts, sunflower seeds, focaccia croutons all with Caesar vinaigrette
- Ham bone, greens, and beans soup– use leftover kale and beans in pantry. soak beans overnight in salty water
- Coconut curry pumpkin soup-use butternut squash
- Coconut curried fried rice
- Curried chicken with coconut rice