Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners for the two of us. Lunch ideas are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. I make the lunches and do other various prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We are currently living in New York City, so things are more expensive than average.
October 5-October 11
Things are a little crazy right now, with some big changes coming, so postings have definitely been a little sporadic. Hopefully it will all be settled soon!
Total cost: Roughly $121
Average cost per meal per person, with snacks tucked into the mix: $4.32
- Cacao, banana, avocado smoothies with homemade coconut milk
- Toast with sunflower seed butter, bananas, and honey
- Asian slaw with wasabi soy dressing– add chicken and black beans
- Gnocchi with honey roasted veggies
- Chinese sausage carbonara
- Miso coconut chicken
- Kimchi fried rice
- Crunchy kale and coconut bowl