Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners for the two of us. Lunch ideas are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. I make the lunches and do other various prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We are currently living in New York City, so things are more expensive than average.
September 21 – September 27
Nothing too exciting this week!
- Cacao, banana, avocado smoothies with homemade coconut milk
- Toast with bananas and sunflower seed butter
- Apple, fennel pistachio, apricot salad– pumpkin seeds, chicken
- Bok Choy with Shiitakes and Oyster Sauce
- Creamy polenta & mushrooms
- Bacon corn hash
- Rice and bean casserole with guac
- Lamb and Veggie okonomiyaki