Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners for the two of us. Lunch ideas are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. I make the lunches and do other various prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We are currently living in New York City, so things are more expensive than average.
September 7-September 13
My parents are visiting New York this week (yay!), so there won’t be much cooking happening. Also, Josh’s birthday is Saturday! Happy times all around.
- Cacao, banana, avocado smoothies with homemade coconut milk
- Avocado toast– with a fried egg?
- Dutch babies– for Josh’s birthday morning breakfast
- Black bean, quinoa, and citrus salad– double the quinoa, using pineapple in place of grapefruit. Pineapple and strawberries for dessert
- Leftover coconut bits and zucchini bites
- Classic split pea soup– one of our favorite soups ever
- Japanese curry- with chicken, carrots, potatoes, and bell pepper