Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches (plus fruit), 4 snacks, and 5 dinners for the two of us. Lunch ideas are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. I make the lunches and do other various prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We are currently living in New York City, so things are more expensive than average.
August 17-August 23
We’re still trying to eat a little light, and asian flavors tend to really make that a lot more fun. Also, somehow recipes from Shutterbean managed to dominate the list this week. Not a bad thing, I don’t think.
Total cost: $134
Average cost per meal per person, with snacks tucked into the mix: $4.79
- Cacao, banana, avocado smoothies with homemade coconut milk
- Toast with sunflower seed butter and banana
- Black bean, quinoa, and citrus salad– double the quinoa, with pineapple instead of grapefruit
- Raw zucchini bread bites- recipe to come!
- Thai corn coconut soup
- Hainanese chicken
- Spring rolls with leftover chicken
- Thai chopped salad with crispy tofu
- Cold noodles with miso, lime and ginger