Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 snacks, and 5 dinners for the two of us. Lunch ideas are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. I make the lunches and do other various prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We are currently living in New York City, so things are more expensive than average.
July 20-July 26
Still enjoying all of the summer produce.
Did fruit salad in place of our usual apples with lunch, which definitely makes things pricier but so delicious.
Total cost: $155 (had to restock a lot of pantry items. Ouch)
Average cost per meal per person, with snacks tucked into the mix: $5.54
- PB energy bar– with sunflower seeds
- Roasted squid w/ grilled leeks and warm chorizo dressing
- BLT on Focaccia
- Frittata with chorizo, squash, potatoes, caramelized onions
- Vegetarian tortilla soup– squash and corn
- Red curry and miso roasted veggie bowl