Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 snacks, and 5 dinners for the two of us. Lunch ideas are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. I make the lunches and do other various prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We are currently living in New York City, so things are more expensive than average.
July 13- July 19
Summer vegetables are here, so we’re celebrating with an abundance of squash and corn.
Total cost: $129
Average cost per meal per person, with snacks tucked into the mix: $4.61
- Cacao, banana, avocado smoothies and homemade coconut milk
- Baked eggs with slow roasted tomatoes and spinach
- Roasted veggie and hummus mix it up salad – with summer vegetables and red pepper paprika hummus
- Sticky sesame chicken wings with rice
- Corn soup (page 26)
- Creamy zucchini fettuccine (p 69)
- Classic split pea soup
- Summer squash tacos with avocado chimichurri