Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 snacks, and 5 dinners for the two of us. Lunch ideas are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. I make the lunches and do other various prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We are currently living in New York City, so things are more expensive than average.
July 6-July 12
We’re finally on the mend, so back to the yeast project!
Total cost: $149 (we bought lots of fruit. So good)
Average cost per meal per person, with snacks tucked into the mix: $5.32
- Cacao, banana, avocado smoothies with homemade coconut milk
- Spinach Frittata w/ sweet potato hash crust– regular potatoes
- cabbage slaw with ginger tahini dressing– add jicama
- PB energy bar– with sunflower seeds
- Corn and zucchini pizza– with goat cheese
- Pasta with corn, slow cooked tomatoes, and garlic confit
- Baked summer squash and lamb
- Curried chicken with coconut rice
- Rice and bean casserole with guac