Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 snacks, and 5 dinners for the two of us. Lunch ideas are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. I make the lunches and do other various prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We are currently living in New York City, so things are more expensive than average.
June 29-July 5
We seem to finally be on the mend from the flu, so our appetites are hopefully going to perk up. Quite a few meals from last week got carried over because we wound up just ordering soup for dinner instead. Summer illness is really not fun. A new yeast project will happen next weekend! I’m determined.
- Homemade healthy granola– added shredded coconut and wheat germ
- Cacao, banana, avocado smoothies with homemade coconut milk
- double chocolate banana bread– special request from Josh
- grilled polenta and zucchini salsa
- Poached eggs over greens & toasted couscous
- Pea and bacon panzanella
- Steak tacos
- Coconut curried fried rice