Every week we make a meal plan for the week ahead. The plan accounts for 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 snacks, and 5 dinners for the two of us. Lunch ideas are typically a double batch of whatever the recipe calls for. I make the lunches and do other various prep work on Sunday. Nearly all items are purchased from either our local farmers market or Whole Foods. We are currently living in New York City, so things are more expensive than average.
June 22-June 28
The flu sadly hit our home with a vengeance this week, so low key is the way to go for next week as we try to recover. No yeast project either, because I didn’t think it was best to cough onto the dough I would be kneading. Oh well. There’s always next weekend!
The chicken carcass will be made into broth to help in our recovery process.
- Avocado toast
- Cacao, banana, avocado smoothies
- Smashed chickpea salad with roasted red peppers, in a pita (basil in place of parsley)
- Granola bars– with dried apricots
- Roasted chicken and veggies
- Pea and bacon panzanella
- Miso sweet potato and broccoli bowl
- Lamb and Veggie okonomiyaki
- Coconut curried fried rice